Saturday, September 15, 2012

Cutting. The anti-swole. And, to pool or not to pool?

It has been some time now since I last posted. A large reason for this has been that I've began cutting weight for an upcoming meet in early November, and because of that, I haven't been feeling very swole. I'm down around 10 pounds, with about 10 more to go before I can safely cut water weight. My lifts are all doing well considering my caloric deficit and a hip/lower back injury I sustained while being a dumbass in the gym.

Enough boo-hooing about cutting weight. It is what it is and and I'm making weight come hell or high water.

For the first time in my life I was apprehensive about going swimming. My family and I had decided to go visit an uncles house because he was throwing a birthday party for his wife. His house is awesome. It has a pool. Enough said.

Now, the majority of the people who were at this party are at their youngest... 35-40 years old. Many of the attendants were much older than that. All were... rotund in one way or another. I wouldn't say they were all fat, but only one older gentlemen was fit, there were none who were swole. Like me. Thus I would have stood out like a sore thumb.

Considering this I declined to go swimming that evening. Saying I was tired from the drive and having woken up at 3:30 that morning for work.

Why didn't I want to go swimming?

Well it's simple. I'm a fairly shy and would like to believe modest person. Compliments usually go over awkwardly with me and I hate having all of my conversations revolve around lifting weights. I didn't go in the pool because the conversations I was having about politics, religion, and economics would have shifted over to lifting weights, what kind of protein I'm on, and steroids. Compound that with stares and I'm sure you could understand my decision.

Sure, I would have liked to go swimming. But I liked much more being normal.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing !
    When it comes to Health, Safety and Environment solutions, Poshe Solutions Pvt. Ltd is the leading institute for all international safety courses.
    Nebosh course in chennai
    Nebosh courses in chennai
    Nebosh in Chennai
    Nebosh IGC in Chennai
    Iosh Ms in Chennai
    Iosh courses in Chennai

    ReplyDelete